The Law Offices of Jason Louie, P.C.
Timeline of Events
- March, 2009 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie retained as estate and nuptials advisor to Vincent and Amy Ma, stars of WEtv's Platinum Weddings, aired March 22, 2009.
- March, 2009 - Woman dies leaving all of her "stocks and bonds" to Friend. Upon Woman's death, all of her financial investments are in the form of "mutual funds." Issue: CA law silent on whether mutual funds the same as "stocks and bonds?" After 8 years of litigation, The Law Offices of Jason Louie successfully secures all stocks, bonds, and mutual funds for Friend!
- February, 2009 - Woman with Living Trust dies having never funded Living Trust with her residence. Accordingly, house is subject to Probate and $40,000 in Probate Court fees. The Law Offices of Jason Louie successfully petitions Court for decree that house is really part of the Living Trust. Result: Estate avoids paying $40,000 in Probate fees.
- November, 2008 - Immigrant laborer wins CA Lottery! The Law offices of Jason Louie successfully avoids inheritance tax through utilization of complex gifts, irrevocable trusts, life insurance, and wealth appreciation analysis. Lottery winner buys homes for extended family.
- June, 2008 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie purchases interest in 490 Post Street, a historic building located in San Francisco's Union Square. With this acquisition, The Law Offices of Jason Louie establishes permanent facility from which clients will be serviced for decades to come.
- February, 2008 - Dutiful granddaughter abandons career to become fulltime care attendant for elderly grandmother from 1988 to 2008. Upon grandmother's death, granddaughter accused of elder abuse by orchestrating changing of Will. The Law Offices of Jason Louie secures inheritance for granddaughter who puts money to work in Christian service projects.
- November, 2007 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie donates $2,500 to help rebuild the San Francisco Boy and Girls Club, Mission Branch.
- July, 2007- The Law Offices of Jason Louie establishes charitable foundation for prominent owner of local restaurant chain. Owner gifts his entire estate to charitable foundation and pays no inheritance tax.
- February, 2007 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie represents bed ridden elderly man in securing his life and home against in-home care givers and their extended family that have moved in and taken over elderly man's home.
- November, 2006 - Attorney Jason Louie volunteers to create Charitable Giving Fund for San Francisco Elks Lodge. Fund benefits veterans and children in local community.
- July, 2006 - In three months, The Law Offices of Jason Louie successfully assists beneficiary of trust in receiving her inheritance which has been held up for seven years. Beneficiary buys new house with inheritance!
- June, 2006 - Senior Attorney, Jason Louie delivers "Law and Long-term Care" speech to multiple senior care professional groups at Sutter Health, OnLok, and Geriatric Care Managers Association of Northern California.
- June, 2006 - Senior Attorney, Jason Louie gives Estate Planning and Long-term Care speeches over three days to 500 employees of PG&E.
- Spring, 2006 - Senior Attorney, Jason Louie delivers estate planning presentation to employees of all three Bay Area offices of Bingham McCutchen, one of America's largest law firms.
- December, 2005 - Staff at The Law Offices of Jason Louie and their children spend day volunteering at The Gardens Skilled Nursing Facility in San Francisco.
- December, 2005 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie, as Court appointed pro bono counsel, successfully contests the establishment of a conservatorship over indigent African American man. As a result, man returns home from skilled nursing facility two days before Christmas!
- October, 2005 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie hired as ninth attorney in 27 year old San Francisco Probate case, one of the City's oldest!
- June, 2005 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie helps elderly, disabled, Peninsula man move his assets into probate avoidance trust. Man dies 7 months later and avoids probate.
- May, 2005 - The Law Offices of Jason Louie makes donation to international humanitarian group, The Rotary Foundation.